An electric toothbrush is a great substitute for a manual toothbrush. It does a deep-cleaning job, ensuring that the oscillating bristles reach hidden areas in just two minutes.
Electric toothbrushes come with pressure sensors to alert you when you are brushing your teeth in a forceful manner.Additionally, they offer timers that can automatically stop the brushing action when the recommended time is up.
The best cheap electric toothbrush is classified based on the sort of power technology they use and the action they use to move bristles—vibration or oscillation/rotation.
To get a power toothbrush that uses the same brushing technique as your manual, choose the vibrating type.
Oscillating or rotating electric toothbrushes clean each tooth at a time. They can be gentle and fun to use if moved slowly along the gum line and teeth.
Both types of toothbrushes are reliable as they use rechargeable batteries and are great for plaque removal. Some can remove up to two times more plaque than manual toothbrushes.
To help you choose the best, we have discussed four great electric toothbrushes. If you’ve a healthy budget then check out our top electric toothbrush list.
Top 10 cheap electric toothbrush comparison chart
|Image||Brand and name||Brushing movements||Brushing modes||Battery life|
|Philips Essence 5600 Editor's choice||31000 stokes||1||upto 2 weeks|
|Philips Sonicare 2 Series||31000 stokes||1||upto 2 weeks|
|Wellness HP-STX||36000 stokes||3||upto 2 weeks|
|Panasonic EW-DL90QW||28500 stokes||2||upto 3 weeks|
|Xtech XHST-100||40000 stokes||5||upto 2 weeks|
|Pursonic S500||40000 stokes||3||upto 10 days|
|Pursonic Rechargeable Rotary Toothbrush||40000 stokes||3||upto 10 days|
|Ivation Electric Toothbrush||41000 stokes||3||N/a|
|CUH Ultrasonic Toothbrush||40000 stokes||5||upto 2 weeks|
| Oral-B PRO 1000||40,000 pulsations and 8,800 oscillations||1||upto 7 days|
Our pick top 4 cheap electric toothbrushes
Philips is a large international company that manufactures electric toothbrushes among other household appliances. Its Sonicare HX5610/30 5600 is a rechargeable electric toothbrush that boasts millions of users so far.
Compared with the manual toothbrush, the Sonicare HX5610/30 removes two times more plaque. Its distinctive dynamic cleaning action will gently drive fluids between your teeth and gumline, ensuring that you achieve the freshest breath.
The product offers a superior clean, of course, mainly with its angled brush head neck that facilitates the bristles’ cleaning action. The product is so far proven to enhance oral health and is continually recommended by dentists.
I bought my Sonicare HX5610/30 5600 because my dentist recommended it to me. And so far I could never stop smiling at people as my teeth are whiter and my breath is constantly fresh.
The fact that this powerful toothbrush is recommend by doctors shows that it is clinically safe and gentle. While most electric brushes lack a timer, this Sonicare Essence 5600 power brush offers you a Smartimer that limits brushing to two minutes only.
What is more, the product is designed with you in mind in the sense that you get an easy start program to acclimate you to the Sonicare electric toothbrushexperience. Above all you hold a soft grip handle that lets you have better handling experience.
- Uses Sonic technology that propels the bristles along the gum line and deeper between your teeth to remove hidden plaque.
- Angled brush head neck to access the back of teeth.
- Safe, gentle, affordable and attractive.
- Usable with all dental restorations.
- It is the best electric toothbrush I have come across so far but I wish it has a quadpacer.
Oral-B is among the top manufacturers of electric toothbrushes and they have many products. One of the leading designs is the Deep Sweep Triaction 1000.
A rechargeable battery power toothbrush, the Deep Sweep offers a triple action deep cleaning job. According to Oral-B, the brush is able to remove up to one hundred percent more plaque that has lodged between your teeth.
Featuring an ultra-modern brush head, with three cleaning zones, this powerful toothbrush is ideal for those who need cleaner teeth and healthier gum lines.
These zones include: the moving power tip; designed for the hidden back teeth, the shorter dormant bristles; for careful surface cleaning, and longer bristles for deep cleaning.
The Triaction 1000 offers a visual pressure sensor that warns you when the brushing speed is harmfully high. There is no doubt that Oral-B offers superior plaque removal through their Deep Sweep electric toothbrush.
It is the item you require to get rid of gingivitis or even to reverse it. Offering up to 20,000 pulsations per minute and 8,800 sweeps per minute, you can see where the uniqueness of this item comes from.
Rather than continuing to use your manual toothbrush, get your Oral-B’s electric style. Once you get it, just like me, you will not be sorry. It does a great job.
- Offers triple action deep cleaning technology that ensures top plaque removal.
- High oscillation and sweeping speed
- Battery that can last seven days when brushing twice a day for two minutes.
- A quad pacer or timer that offers 3-second cleaning intervals.
- It is not as quick as Oral-B’s other expensive models
- Lacks a sensitive setting and a travel case.
Have you tried to floss with a piece of string? It is not enjoyable at all and does not reach your hidden back teeth as effectively as an electric brush would.
This is why we are introducing the Health HP-STX Ultra High Powered Sonic, an electric toothbrush from Wellness HealthPro.
It uses the highly popular Sonic Technology that triggers thirty-thousand powerful strokes per minute in order to remove plaque and bacteria that manual toothbrushes do not reach. The product offers this:
- Offers an ergonomic rubber handle to facilitate hand movement and control.
- Battery life is up to two weeks and it can be recharged when the indicator light starts to blink.
- Uses an angled neck to ensure that even the teeth at the back are thoroughly cleaned.
- Uses Sonic Technology that offers 31,000 strokes per minute, removing double the amount of plaque removed by the manual toothbrush.
- Three cleaning modes including Soft/Gentle, Massage and Power/clean.
- A Timer/Alert that automatically shuts off the toothbrush after every thirty seconds to warn you of over-brushing and after two minutes to stop you from brushing some more.
- Three pulse modes: normal; 3000pulses, soft; 1600pulses and pulse.
- One unit can be used by everyone as the product offers 10 brush heads in different colors for easier identification. Brush heads are easy to remove after use to allow the next person to use the main unit.
- A cordless slim build, hence allowing easier travel.
- Clinically designed for people who are sick of flossing.
- Offers a very high cleaning speed which allows quick plaque and bacterial removal than flossing ever would.
- Offers a timer that guides you through the two-minute process of brushing.
- Provides you with many brush heads.
- Comes with a docking station offering storage space for 4 brush heads.
- Though I have this brush, and I like it, there does not seem to be many reviews about it online.
This is another electric toothbrush from Wellness. The 48000, Ultra High Speed toothbrush is ideal for anyone who wants to remove plaque and bacteria with ease.
Offering 48000 strokes per minute, this Wellness toothbrush is the quickest they have produced so far. It uses the popular sonic wave technology to clean your teeth.
As a result of the many strokes it offers, fluids are driven deeper and deeper into the spaces between your teeth as well as gumline.
Hence you end up with a healthier mouth. The product is made for everyone, even those who have braces, implants, sensitive teeth, and veneers.
A massage setting is integrated into the toothbrush, allowing it to brush your teeth soothingly and safely. It is being used often by people who have halitosis and other oral issues.
As it has contoured bristles that look like the shape of your teeth, the Wellness 48000 UHS toothbrush’s neck is able to reach the teeth in the back of your mouth.
Additionally, simply brushing over your teeth with light, minimal pressure is enough to make them spotless. The product offers you a timer that will automatically stop the brushing action after two minutes and as you move from a quadrant to another it will stop the brush every thirty seconds.
- When fully charged, the lithium ion battery from Wellness can last up to six weeks of constant use.
- Offers the quickest brushing speed of 48,000 strokes per minute.
- Provides six brush heads.
- No serious issues with me, except that some say it stopped working sooner than they expected.
I have bought all the above electric toothbrushes just out of curiosity. It is my nature to want to test out products in order to write a genuine review article like this one.
All the four toothbrushes worked just fine for me and I feel like my teeth are professionally cleaned every morning.
However, if I were to pick one among the four I would not hesitate to choose my Philips Sonicare HX5610/30 Essence 5600. It is my favorite electric toothbrush so far mainly because I am a person who travels so often.
When packing my belongings I find the Sonicare toothbrush more convenient because it has a white travel case. I just have to place it inside the case and go with it anywhere without the fear of losing it.
Electric toothbrushes are better than manual toothbrushes as they remove plaque that is deeply lodged between teeth and gum line with a lot of accuracy and speed.