Wearing braces is difficult life, you know.
All the wires running through the circumference of your teeth, hugging almost anything you intake and worst of all, bidding a difficult good-bye to all those food crumbs – does not make it any easier, does it?
But, if you got braces, there’s no escaping. You must wear them all the time.
A good electric toothbrush works exhaustively against plaque and food debris. But it does not do it all, particularly in areas where the toothbrush cannot reach naturally.
This is where we look for a good water flosser for braces. Today’s list is about the five best water flossers that work genuinely well on braces. Take a look and decide for yourself.
Top 5 Water flosser for braces comparison chart
|Image||Name & brand||Flossing capacity||Pressure Settings||Flossing tips||Warranty|
|Waterpik WP-660 Editor's choice||90 sec||10||7||3 yrs|
|Waterpik Ultra||90 sec||10||6||3 yrs|
|Waterpik WP-260 for kids||60 sec||3||2||2 yrs|
|Waterpik WP-440||45 sec||2||4||2 yrs|
|Gurin Water flosser||30 sec||3||2||1 yr|
Water flossing and braces: the inevitability clause
When you wear something like braces, you disrupt the natural oral cleaning alignment of the mouth. Your bodily fluids are not supposed to act on external installments like braces. So the settlements like plaque and food debris that are left on the braces are essentially up to you. You decide how they need to be removed.
For a large part, you are good if you are using an electric toothbrush that caters to braces and implants. But the action might fall short of expectations on several counts. This is among the chief reasons why you need to use the help of something as categorical as a water flosser for braces.
What braces up a water flosser for use on braces?
- Sturdy build and durability: This might not sound that important upfront. But believe us, when dealing with flossing and all those braces you are wearing, the strength of the flosser is the last thing you should be worried about. If the build-quality is not strong enough, there’s a strong enough chance it will not last beyond a few months. Mind this.
- Easy usability: This is about the switches and the functions. You do not want to spend an entire eternity trying to figure out complex operations of the switches present on the device. Just make sure you are using something that does not have the technicality of handling a space rocket. Steer clear of the rocket science here. Go for easy-going, fifth-grade-compatible switches.
- Impact on plaque around crowns and implants: This is the chief thing you should be accounting for here. There is no use looking for additional implants and crowns if you cannot manage to find a flosser good enough to tackle the existing set of crowns and implants. The jet action should completely wipe off any existing plaque and germs on the crowns and implants.
- Tremendous battery life: If you have any plan of taking the flosser out on tour with you, mind this and mind this carefully. The battery life of most complex water flossers (like water flosser for braces) is often undermined. You should be looking for something that lasts at least for a week’s full use before you need to charge it again.
- Approvals and certifications: Since you are gearing up to buy a classified product here, you will have to be super-cautious about safety and your own security. This is where it becomes important to mind the safety of the product that you are dealing with. An FDA approval is the bare minimum you should be gunning for. And it only gets stricter from there.
- Kid-glove safety: In a large chunk of brace-friendly water flosser purchases, kids are reported to be the primary users of the devices. In that case, see if the design of the electric apparatus of the flosser is safe for use by kids. If you have even a slight doubt, do not hesitate in gunning for a custom-made kid-friendly water flosser for braces.
Top 5 water flosser for braces reviews
The WP-660Aquaris from Waterpik has been custom-built for better performance on braces. It guarantees you healthier gums and brighter teeth in less than just a minute a day.
The massage and floss modes of the brush come with better performance under pressure. For the uninitiated, you get some 10 pressure settings in the flosser and this is again topped with 7 flossing tips. This is pretty much what you need when flossing braces or orthodontic pockets.
The WP-660 is compatible only with 120VAC/60Hz outlets and can be used inside North America only. You cannot avail warranty if you are using the Aquaris outside of North America. Outshining that is the contemporary and compact design of the WP-660.
You get the on/off switch integrated into the handle of the flosser in a way that you can easily reach while flossing. You get three classic tips, while one tip is meant for orthodontics and 1 for picking pockets.
- Solid and contemporary design.
- Easy-reach switches for greater convenience.
- One-push power control.
- Extra plaque seeker and orthodontic tip.
- Works well with crowns and implants.
- The flosser handle could leak.
- On/off switch issues.
- Very noisy pump.
The Gurin Professional water flosser is a newer version for its already successful predecessor. The rechargeable batteries of the flosser provide high quality performance. The Gurin Professional water flosser gives you an easy and effective way to floss the mouth, especially if you are wearing braces and implants.
The interchangeable and rotating nozzle of the bike is highly suited for use by multiple users. It supports universal voltage and you can pretty much carry it to any place you want.
The reservoir included in the Gurin Professional is extra-large and can be drained and refilled easily. The Gurin Professional has been approved by the FDA and if free from BPA.
The company has also taken care of varying oral needs and installed three different modes: pulse, soft and normal. There are two color-coded tips that can be used by multiple users. You can practically make use of all three modes, provided you are through with the requirement.
- High quality batteries.
- Easy-filling water tank.
- FDA approved and BPA free.
- Normal, pulse and soft operating modes.
- Soft on sensitive teeth and implants.
- Could be in for an early replacement.
- Filling can get genuinely difficult.
The Waterpik Ultra makes it to our list owing to its utter simplicity and thorough effectiveness on braces. It has a total plastic body and has been designed in the USA. The water jet from the WaterpikUltra is sufficiently strong – clinical studies how that it can easily do away with 93% of oral bacteria.
It is also better than most of the existing flossing mechanisms in the market. It generates up to 1200 pulses in a minute with a water pressure between 10 and 90 PSI.
The Waterpik Ultra is also a great help if you are looking to remove bacteria and debris that are lodged deep between teeth. This is also a great water flosser if you have a troubled gumline. If you wear braces, the Waterpik Ultra will also provide you with a significant oral care solution. Also, this is a champion water flosser if you have diabetes or gum disease.
- Designed in USA, manufactured in China.
- More effective than dental floss.
- 1200 pulses in a minute.
- Removes bacteria and debris.
- Comes with 6 differently colored tips.
- Deterioration in quality.
- Does not work well for beginners.
- Not the sturdiest of bodies.
The Waterpik Cordless is a professional flosser that presents a more effective and a slightly more streamlined approach to water flossing. The WP-440 rides pretty high on convenience and portability and is just the solution that you would need for convenient and effective flossing.
It is also a fit for smaller bathrooms that do not have much space on the counter top. Understandably, this also makes it a great flossing solution for travel and cordless use.
The plaque removal prowess of the WP-440 deserves special mention too. It has been proven to remove up to 99.9% plaque from all treated areas. If you are wearing implants, this is an essential product for you.
You can easily count on it to generate twice the impact you would generally derive from string or dental floss. It is also thrice more effective when removing plaque from around braces. This is one reason it is so highly recommended for braces and implants.
- Removes 99.9% of all oral plaque.
- Twice as effective for gum health.
- 3x more effective plaque removal.
- Promises better plaque in 14 days.
- Not the best for everyday cleaning.
- Quite messy operative-wise.
- Tank could have been bigger.
The WP-260 from Waterpik is an absolute necessity if you have kids in the house, irrespective of whether or not they wear braces. It is the fun and easy way to floss; the way your children can’t do without it.
It gives you healthier teeth and gums with just a minute of daily use. The design is kid-proof and extra safe if electricity is a worry for you. It is super friendly vis-à-vis the operation and any kid can adapt to it.
The good thing about the WP-260 is its thorough application. It comes with about 20 fun and removable decals that can be removed and enacted any time without any major worry. It gives you compatibility with global voltage.
Your kids won’t miss out on oral health as you travel with them around the world. You can take this to virtually any country of the world. There are 3 pressures settings in all in this water flosser.
- 3 inbuilt pressure settings.
- Comes with 2 years of warranty.
- Includes 20 fun and sassy decals.
- Comes with two extra tips.
- Kid-proof design.
- Below par tank capacity.
- Decal storage could be a problem.
- Some debris may remain.
Water flossing braces is easy
The notion that you will have to resort to string or dental floss if you are wearing braces is largely and heavily outdated. Now, you have a new and equally effective way to floss braces and implants – water flossing. If you want to remove the plaque around teeth, all you will need to do is brush after each meal. If this is taken care of, water flossing can do the rest for you.
Even the most powerful sonic toothbrushes cannot manage to remove all the plaque around teeth, whether you are wearing braces or not. A great way to deal with the extra plaque settled in areas your brush cannot reach is using the orthodontic tip of your water flosser for braces. It is designed with a tapered brush at the end of the tip. This makes it even easier to remove plaque from difficult areas.
And the best part is, you will not need to visit a dental clinic to have this done. Water flossing is all about a minute every day right inside your bathroom. Simple enough, sonny!
Does anything beat the Waterpik Aquarius Water Flosser, WP-660?
No. the Waterpik Aquarius a solid design that is both contemporary and durable. This is a major plus, considering the flimsy bodies on most flossers.
The switches on the flosser can be reached easily, with the power button being just a push away. You get separate tips for plaque seeking and orthodontics. It also does well with both implants and crowns.
Water flossing for braces is a routine that can work wonders if formulated well. Make an informed choice with less strain and more dimensions.
You Might Also Like: