Roaming feet and portable products make a great combo. When traveling, we take products that are made for travel. And water flossers are no different.
Cordless water flowers provide the most compatible and portable solutions to water flossing on the go. You can carry them in the same luggage bag with little compromise on space and yet make sure you get thorough water flossing on trips and tours too.
We tracked down some of the best corded water flossers. Each of these makes excellent foil for travel and touring. Read on to know the best cordless water flosser.
Waterpik Cordless Water Flosser, WF-03 Editor’s Choice
|2 Pressure Modes|
|3 Water Flossing Tips|
|Remove up to 99.9% of plaque|
|30 Seconds reservoir capacity|
|3 AA Batteries Included|
|1 year warranty|
Corded or cordless: what’s the big deal?
For one thing, here seems to be no great deal of difference in purpose of both cordless and corded water flossers. Both of these flosser types are meant for cleaning gums, removing plaque and healing sensitivities inside the mouth. However, cordless flossers are more game when it comes to travel and portability. The corded flossers seem to be inadvertently more powerful and are meant for thorough water flossing through wall power.
When travelling, you would ideally look for a flosser that is portable yet powerful, rechargeable yet long lasting. This is where cordless flossers give you the freedom to choose.
What constitutes a great cordless water flosser?
- Active pressure control: When looking for something that sits up well with the sensitivity of your teeth, you should make sure there is active pressure control feature on the flosser. For starters, a bare minimum pressure helps you settle down with the speed of the flosser. And when you are bent on removing persistent plaque and stains, a high pressure speed setting is advisable.
- Long run on the battery: The battery life is important for cordless water flossers. Since it is a given you will be using a lot of the flossing for travel, you must reconsider the performance you seek from the battery. The performance of the battery effectively determines how many hours you get to use the flosser without another charge.
- Generously lasting water tank: The capacity of the water tank in a cordless flosser is always lower than the corded ones. But that is in no way an indication of making do with lower water capacity. Any flosser in charge of giving you effective flossing should include a large enough tank that pumps out jet for at least 45 seconds.
- Gum line sensitivity: One of the most important functions of a cordless water flosser is to mind the sensitivity and cleanliness of the gum line. Looking after the sensitivity of the gumline is as important as you want it to be. Make sure the plaque resting right below the gumline is taken into consideration as well when you mind the operations.
- Action against bacteria, gingivitis and plaque: The water flosser should be able to tackle things like plaque, gingivitis and bacteria with equal ease. A good water flosser should provide you relief from gingivitis and healthy gums in less than two weeks. This will reduce bacterial growth inside the mouth through long periods of rest and sleep.
- Travel friendliness: You cannot expect a water flosser to be travel friendly and corded at the same time. This is the straight advantage for cordless water flossers. However, even among cordless water flossers, you will get a load of options for comparison. Go for something that takes minimum space and delivers maximum power.
Our top 5 recommended cordless flosser reviews
The SmarToiletries is a water flosser that comes with three very distinct operation modes with individual pressure functions. You get the convenience of LED lights that tell you which mode is presently active. Some 4 jet tips are also included in the package. The tank has a total 45 seconds of water capacity and comes with an easy water refill empowered by its dual design. This is particularly effective if you are wearing braces.
The idealness of the SmarToiletries water flosser is generously powered by a smart timer that shuts off automatically after 2 minutes. This makes sure you do not end up overusing the flosser. The water pressure exerted by the flosser ranges between 40 and 90 PST with the pulses reaching a count of 1400 per minute. This is enough pressure to get most plaque and food bits out from the teeth and gumline. You can do away with up t0 99% of plaque from areas that have been treated.
- 2 minutes auto shut-off.
- 40-90 PST of water pressure.
- Inbuilt li-ion batteries.
- Comes with effective removal of plaque.
- Gives healthier gums in weeks.
- Slightly off performance with braces.
- Operation can get messy on occasion.
The Cordless Freedom from Waterpik represents the true blue Ivy League of water flossing. All you need to give it is a minute every day and it presents an assortment of benefits for you. The most significant ones include great looking healthy gums and sparkling white teeth with just a minute of daily use. The design is battery operated and portable enough that you may carry it back and forth from the bathroom seamlessly.
The Cordless Freedom needs AA batteries and you get three of them included in the pack. The design is waterproof and you may even take it to the shower. It comes equipped with 2 different pressure modes and 3 effective flossing tips for better results. As a bonus, you also get a cute travel bag to store the Cordless Freedom water flosser. On the whole, it is really the superior technology that completes the Cordless Freedom for many.
- Portable, convenient and flexible flosser.
- Easy to use and fill.
- Does not aggravate sensitivity of teeth.
- Great at flossing between teeth and gumline.
- Does not have a real low speed setting.
- Could be overwhelming for beginners.
The WP-440 is among the smartest water flossers around. And we have plenty of reasons to suggest the same. It promises you way healthier gums and visibly bright teeth with just a minute of daily use. The design of the WP-440 is an advanced electronic installment that comes with two-sided pressure control. And it is not just the flosser that has left us all drool. The device also includes a Nano Sonic toothbrush that comes complete with 4 distinct tips for water flossing.
The flosser reservoir has a tank capacity enough to support 45 seconds of uninterrupted flow. While this is greater than most 30-second water tanks, we thought a full minute of flow would have been much better. The toothbrush is also compatible with 120/60Hz outlets. This means you can use the product only in North America. Waterpik will not honor any warranty if the damage to product has occurred outside of North America.
- Effective and easy way flossing.
- Comes with a sonic toothbrush.
- Four toothbrush heads included.
- Dual pressure control, advanced ergonomics.
- Nano sonic toothbrush.
- Flossing not better than traditional models.
- Almost half the power of regular flossers.
The 2NICE flosser has been approved safe for use by the FDA. That should most of the “new-brand nerves” that you might have started with. The 2NICE comes in a very compact size that makes it a great fit for almost every luggage bag you have in the house. That makes it a very accomplished travel flosser. Along with that, the 2NICE water flosser also comes with a portable storage bag. The two-minute timer function makes sure you go on for two minutes only and not more.
The 2NICE is no bummer when it comes to removing plaque and food debris. It is one of the most powerful flossers around that does not only remove most of the food debris that is caught between the teeth, but also acts strongly on the bacteria that does not allow food to settle down before you are begun with it. On the whole, the 2NICE can be the essential water flosser for the entire oral cavity.
- Compact size makes a perfect fit for bags.
- Helps remove food debris powerfully.
- Helps in removal of bacteria.
- Low speed mode for sensitive gums.
- Action comparable to a faucet.
- Strong mode is not strong enough.
The WP-360W has been hailed as one of the best choices by dentists. It is among the very few water flossers that give you better and healthier gums in less than 15 days. The oral care action of the water flosser is very deep cleaning. The water flosser is both rechargeable and a great fit for travel. You can carry it in luggage or travel bag that you are already using. However, please note that the product is not for sale outside North America.
The effectiveness of the WP-360W is beyond question and doubt. Even if you are someone that does not like to floss, you can make thorough use of the efficacy of the WP-360W. It gives you deep cleaning of a level that dental floss cannot provide. All you need to do is water floss with the WP-360W for just one minute every day. It is capable of removing up to 99.9% plaque from most of the mouth.
- Removes 99.9% plaque.
- More effective than plaque.
- Two specialized cleaning tips.
- Rechargeable and flexible design.
- High capacity water reservoir.
- Package includes a quick start guide.
- Recharge woes may persist.
- Redundant second head.
- Steep pricing unimpressive.
What do we recommend the Waterpik Cordless Freedom Water Flosser, WF-03, Whiteover all others?
The Waterpik Cordless Freedom is among the very few flossers that combine portability, convenience and flexibility in equal measures. The reservoir is extremely easy to fill and use effectively. In no condition does the flosser aggravate the sensitivity of teeth if there is any. Along with these, the Cordless Freedom is one device that is really great at flossing between teeth and below the gumline. You can literally carry it anywhere around the world.
A portable water flosser needs to be smart and effective simultaneously. That is why you will have to think on your feet all the time.